Monday 11 March 2013

Market Camden (not Camden Market).

Someone asked me for a good restaurant to go to in Camden the other day. After reeling off some recent hang outs like Hache (great burgers), Gilgamesh (fancy Asian) and the York and Albany (a Ramsey pub), I realised I'd forgotton my favourite North London eatery! 'Market' is an independent restaurant on Parkway just five minutes from the tube and has never let me down! As the name suggests the menu reflects a market's best seasonal produce, with some regulars thrown in. The bavette steak and chips for example is always on the menu. This cheaper French cut is from the flank and gives fantastic flavour when cooked rare! This time though, I had a refreshing squid and orange salad to start. While for mains I had an amazing piece of cod with olives, tomatoes and Mediterranean veg, plus some samphire. Amazing fruity flavours with deliciously fresh fish! I took advantage of Market's great offer of a £10, two course lunch. However the restaurant isn't too pricey any way, perfect for a first date or dinner with the rents. The restaurant itself is a little cosy but comfortable. With attentive staff, fast service and a cheap but tasty wine list, market ticks all the boxes! I'm pleased to say it remains my favourite restaurant in N1 despite stiff competition. Come here for bavette steak and fresh delicious food!





No comments:

Post a Comment